Company Type Cinema
Cinema Name ShowBiz Cinemas Baytown
Experience 2 Years
An Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager. Manages and trains the theatre staff. Responsible for overall operation and maintenance of the theatre. Responsible for every job function in the theatre and as such must be able to personally perform and train others in every job function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows the direction dictated by the General Manager
- Supports the General Manager’s decisions in communication with the staff
- Trains and coaches staff members in their specific job functions
- Interviews and hires hourly staff members (if directed to do so by General Manager)
- Prepares administrative reports and special reports for senior management/corporate office
- Enforces cash handling procedures as directed by ShowBiz Cinemas policy. General Manager is held accountable for cash discrepancies
- Inspects building, ShowBiz Cinemas property (including parking lot and lawn) and equipment conditions
- Reports repair and maintenance needs regarding building, property and equipment to General Manager
- Develops promotions in alignment with company goals (presenting them to the management team for discussion) or participates with management team to develop promotions
- Meets with customers for improved service in the theatre
- Enforces and supports ShowBiz Cinemas “Operation Guidelines”
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Dimensions and Specifications
- Available to work evening hours, weekends and holidays. Management work week consist of a minimum of 45-50 hours per week and more deemed necessary at various times.
- Interpersonal skills include the ability to communicate with all ages, genders and personalities. This requires the ability to converse and comprehend in English.
- Preparation of reports include, but is not limited to, payroll (reporting, budgeting and forecasting), inventory control (reporting, ordering, and receiving), box office reports and personnel reports (interviewing, hiring, evaluating and counseling.) The completion of reports requires the use of a computer and strong mathematical and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and adept in all areas of theatre operation and theatre administration including projection, concession area and box office.
- Ability to perform all job functions requires certain physical standards. Operations of some job types may require lifting, reaching, bending and listening.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to train staff
An Assistant Manager supervises AMT’s and hourly personnel at their specified location. This could include positions such as floor supervisors, ushers, concessions, box office cashiers, bartenders, bowling and game room.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
General Manager Full timecash handling cinema intelligence Clean and sanitize communication concession analysis consistency creative critical thinking customer oriented approach customer satisfaction customer service excellent communication skills food prep food safety manage costs meet deadlines Movies problem solving public and food safety guidelines purchasing quick learner report mechanical issues sell food and beverage social media stock count team management time management training staff usher